Converting your website to WordPress is a great way to gain the benefits of WordPress, and make your existing web presence really work for you. We get a number of enquiries each month from people who want to convert their existing website into a WordPress website. They may have read about some of the benefits, which include:
- More control over your content – change images, text, etc – as you wish without any cost!
- Adding dynamic content such as blogs, news, focused articles on specific topics.
- Ability to embed videos (from YouTube or Vimeo).
- Having an easy to use e-commerce or shop.
- Having great SEO results.
- Your website’s calls to action, how they are performing.
- Examine your Analytics – and if they are in Google, looking at click maps and on-page performance of the current design.
- Discuss the current layout of content, ease of use, and general design issues in the current site.
From the analytics on your current site, we’ll also look at some benchmarking statistics, so you can compare the current site’s performance to the new site after it has been converted to WordPress.
From this initial review, you then have a choice to either convert your site to WordPress without changing any of the design, or looking at the issues and opportunities, and doing a design refresh so your site performs better from a marketing point of view.
Converting your site to WordPress also involves migrating the content from the old site to the new WordPress installation, and making sure the content is optimised for search engines and the keywords you are targeting.
By taking an overall view of your current website’s performance, you can ensure that you get maximum benefit from converting your site to WordPress. Contact TheDMA to discuss how your website and marketing results will benefit from the conversion to WordPress!